COVID-19 Prevention and Safety Measures
We are committed to keeping you safe and healthy. You will find important information here about what to expect at your visit.
Please stay home if you have symptoms of a fever, chills, body aches, severe cough, other respiratory infection symptoms, diarrhea or vomiting. Please call us right away so we can re-schedule your treatment or schedule a telemedicine appointment. Always consult your primary care doctor if you think you have a serious illness or think you have COVID-19.
We will contact you 24 hours before your appointment by phone or email to ask you pre-screening questions. Please see the pre-screening questions.
Please take your temperature before arriving at the clinic. If you have a temperature, stay home and contact the clinic to re-schedule your appointment. We will also be checking your temperature when you arrive at the clinic.
Payments for visits will be taken in advance of your appointment to lessen the time spent in the waiting room. This will minimize contact with staff and other patients. When your appointment is booked, you will receive an invoice from Square, a secure payment system. Please pay this invoice to secure your appointment.
We will continue to offer telemedicine appointments. Telemedicine appointments or virtual appointments are done through a secure video communications. We can ship herbs to you if needed.
We will require everyone older than age 2 to wear a face mask or cloth covering during your entire visit. Please bring a face mask or cloth covering with you. We will also be wearing a face mask for your protection. We will ask you to wash your hands when you arrive at the clinic.
Please arrive at the exact time of your appointment – we will not be letting anyone stay in the reception area.
- Only patients will be allowed in the clinic during their appointment time. If you have someone with you, please have them wait in the car or outside during your appointment.
- For pediatric patients and those needing a guardian, we ask this be limited to a single family member.
When you get to the clinic, please stay in your car and text 562-310-1948 before entering to let us know that you’ve arrived. We will text you once your room is ready for you to enter. We will greet you at the door, do a pre-screening, and bring you straight into the treatment room.
Herbal Pharmacy Orders
Please let us know ahead of time if you need a refill and/or what herbs or products you need. We will send you an invoice through our online dispensary. Once we receive your payment, we will process your order.
Ways to pick up your order:
- We can ship herbs to you.
- You can pick up herbs at your appointment.
- You can schedule a pick up time.
Pick up of Herbal Pharmacy Orders at the Clinic:
Please schedule an exact time for you to pick up your order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please arrive on time. Please text 562-310-1948 to let us know you arrived at the clinic. We will text you back to let you know when you can come to the door to pick up your herbs.
Our cleaning protocols:
We’re strictly following the recommendations by the CDC and the local and national health departments. We want to make sure that we provide the safest environment for all of our patients and staff.
- We change sheets after each patient and launder them after each use.
- We are frequently cleaning high touch areas after each patient, including the waiting room, treatment rooms, treatment tables, bolsters, door handles, light switches, table and counter tops, chairs and other surfaces that come in regular contact with patients.
- We clean the bathroom after each use.
- We also have a thorough cleaning of the whole clinic each week.
- We diffuse essential oils to purify the air.
- We have medical grade filters in all the treatment rooms, herbal pharmacy, and reception area.
- Our staff regularly washes their hands prior and after each treatment session.
- We ask our staff to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- All staff is required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including wearing a face mask.
- Practitioner follows Clean Needle Technique (CNT) Protocols.
- Practitioner sterilizes all cupping cups after each use.
- Practitioner cleans and sanitizes all reusable equipment after each use.
- All acupuncture needles are single use only and are disposed of after each use.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Thank you so much for being a part of our Little Sage family! We look forward to seeing you in the clinic!
Little Sage Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
2800 Pacific Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90806